Commandment 6 is about conveying something of help or value to your audience – in essence, “Be a Giver”! This is not about being a know-it-all, having to fix people’s problems with your opinions or always having a solution. It is about sharing when you have something of value to your audience, lifting them up, helping them move forward in some way.
- Help someone build their network and relationships by connecting them with a relevant contact.
- Share an article or tip that is pertinent to the receiver.
- Volunteer at an upcoming fundraiser.
- Share a solution that recently worked for you (for instance, evaluate a formula in Excel with Alt+T+U+F).
- Run an errand for an overwhelmed colleague or friend.
Of course there are many more ways to be a giver; the point is, do something to give without expectation of something in return.